Kamylon is a Managerial Holding Company that invests in and provides ownership transition
solutions to LargeLocal™
businesses. Typically family or entrepreneur-controlled
and often owner-operated, LargeLocal businesses range from
roughly $8 to $80 million in
sales and $1 to $8 million in cash flow. They enjoy a strong competitive position
in their local market or within a national or global market niche.
Kamylon’s principals have more than 150 years of collective management and investment
experience with more than 70 businesses ranging between $2 million and $750 million
in revenue and representing more than $300 million of equity investment. We recognize
that building a company requires more than capital and that transitioning ownership
is not simply a matter of price. Many other considerations and constituencies are
important to the business owner. Below are some of the many questions posed by business
owners with whom we have spoken:
- How can I take my company to the next level? There is a business that I’d like to
acquire, but I’ve never raised capital or made a sizeable acquisition before.
- My children don’t want to take over the family business. How can
I ensure financial security for the next generation and perhaps an ongoing role?
- I’ve hired and fired two general managers in four years.
How can I attract capable management so I can step back from
- I’m too young to retire, but I’d like to diversify my net worth. I just don’t know
what I would do if I sold my business and walked away.
- My partners want to exit, but I don’t. How can I navigate this without taking on
undue financial risk?
- Many of my employees are loyal and long-standing. How do I protect them when I sell
- Who is the best owner to ensure a smooth transition and to protect and enhance
- How will our community, employees and customers respond to the sale of our company?
At Kamylon, we pride ourselves on our creativity, flexibility, and sensitivity in
responding to each consideration and stakeholder to ensure a successful ownership
transition that leaves the business, its employees and its owners well positioned
for the future.